ALL ABOUT THAT SAC TOWN
A couple of months ago I was asked to judge an all stye battle by the man Joe Remedy who was a Sac town Bboy who also puts together an event called STYLEWARZ every year . At the same event , I was also asked to do an exhibition battle with my friend Brandon "knowbody" Great House . It was going to be a weekend event in Sacramento .
Reasons to say YES
- This will be my first experience judging a battle instead of a dance competition
- This will be my first time doing an exhibition battle
- This will be my first impression with the Sac freestyle/battle scene
Reasons to say No
- I've never judged a battle before , only dance competitions
- I've never done an exhibition battle before
- I've never had an impression of what the Sac freestyle/battle scene is like
After thinking about it for a little , I embraced the idea of opening myself to the battle scene and agreed to do all of the above . Thank goodness I did because I had an amazing time just vibin with all the dancers at the event and hanging out with Brandon , Joe and DJ Kool Raul who was also a judge at the event . The energy was so different from a dance competition , theres an edge and excitement that I've never experienced before .
Thank you Joe for having me and Brandon for sharing the stage with me . Also thank you to all the amazing dancers there sharing your talents and craft .
Here is the exhibition battle between me and knowbody
Another awesome part of this trip was that I was able to bring Courtney along and we did a road trip work-cation deal . We shot some photos in Old Town Sac for her blog and explored different parts of Sacramento .
Check out more photos at heyyehblog.com